DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE RECIPE

Sunday, April 25, 2010



Often in the morning, I am just not hungry. I have been trying to eat a healthy diet & have read numerous articles stating the importance of breakfast. I used to drink coffee, but it often upset my stomach. (That's no way to start a day!) Plus, I know it may be helpful to limit my caffeine consumption. So I recently started making homemade smoothies for breakfast. They are delicious & nutritious!

My friend Leah shared the key ingredient to creating the perfect frothy smoothie - frozen soy milk cubes. I adapted it to frozen almond milk cubes. Simply fill an ice cube tray with your choice & pop it in the freezer. Both work great! Here is my recipe friendos:

Vanilla almond milk
Frozen vanilla almond milk cubes
Strawberry yogurt
Fresh strawberries, sliced with stems removed

Throw all the ingredients in your blender. It's that easy! I put the cubes in first, so they are closest to the blades. Play with the amounts of each ingredient to make the consistency you desire. I never measure, I just eyeball it. This is the simple recipe. Sometimes I add other berries or banana slices. I particularly love adding fresh pineapple chunks. Be creative!

The above links are the brands I like to use.

BONUS!  Here's a link to a coupon for Almond Breeze. Click here to sign up for Stonyfield coupons.

If you try it, please let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Alanna Klapp said...

This looks awesome I will have to try!

Jenn said...

I'll make you one!

Alanna Klapp said...

I will take you up on that! Thanks!! Also, meant to tell you in my earlier comment I really like the picture for this post. :)

Jenn said...

Thanks!

I'll make my banana pancakes too.

Alanna Klapp said...

Oh my, you spoil me.... :)