BLESSED NEW YEAR

Friday, December 31, 2010

What a year 2010 it has been; it was the most difficult year of my entire life.  I spent countless days, tortured by pain, feeling hopeless & terrified.

Still, looking back, there were 365 days this year, & they weren't all terrible.   I learned a new appreciation for my health & life.  I was surrounded by loved ones who selflessly took care of me.  I finally found a competent, caring surgeon who completed a successful surgery.  A miracle!

My husband & I celebrated our first year of marriage.  I started this blog & met a supportive community of EndoSisters.  I attended my first conference for writers & began writing my memoir.  I celebrated my birthday & health on a vacation to see my bff (& flew through the air parasailing!) We hosted our first Christmas for our loving family.  These are all blessings for which I am truly grateful.

I look to 2011 with anticipation for all that is to come.  It's a chance to leave behind my baggage full of fear & worry.  My endo has taught me that I am a survivor.  Life is always giving us an opportunity to learn & grow.  Sometimes the lessons are painful, but they are invaluable & precious.  I realized there is no reason to fear.  What will be will be.  I will handle whatever comes my way.  The worst year of my life also brought incredible joy & beauty.  This is why I know I can handle whatever 2011 may bring.

As the clock strikes twelve, I will be ready to wave goodbye to 2010 & welcome 2011 with open arms.

I hope this new year brings health, happiness & peace to all of my friendos.  Thanks for supporting me through this past year.  I am so blessed to have your kindness in my life.  As the last hours tick away, I hope you have a chance to reminisce about your favorite memories of 2010.  Happy New Year!!

counting down to 2011