THE CYCLE CONTINUES

Monday, November 22, 2010

After all the anticipation, I got my first post-surgery period on September 25th.  I was hoping for at least one pain-free menstruation, but that's not how it turned out.  I'm not complaining, though.  It was definitely better than it had been for many months prior to surgery.

My body seems to be adjusting to life with only one ovary.  I started menstruating on October 24th (29 day cycle) & November 19th (26 day cycle).  They arrived with the all-too-familiar symptoms--moodiness, bloating, aching back & cramping.  All I want to do is curl up in my comfy pjs & lounge alone with my heating pad.  And shed a few tears, at random, until I feel better.  You know, the usual reclusive routine.

It's hard not to worry.  I try to dissuade the clamor of questions in my mind:  How fast will the endo grow?  Will my right ovary remain healthy?  Should I have gotten a complete hysterectomy?...

Since worry & stress can only make matters worse, I'm trying to stay positive & calm.  It's easier said than done, though.  

 hermit mode