EAR DRUM

Monday, February 28, 2011

Hey Friendos,

Sorry I have been MIA. I came down with a nasty cold. The germs must be happy here because they are refusing to leave. I went to see my doctor because I was convinced I had the flu. Every single muscle in my body throbbed and ached. Since I've had three hospital trips due to the flu, I didn't want to mess around. Turns out, I didn't have the flu. However, I do have a wicked ear infection. I was shocked since my ear wasn't really bothering me. Plus I haven't had an ear infection since I was a child. Do adults even get ear infections? Apparently, yes, they do. She prescribed antibiotics and sent me home. By the next day, my ear spoke up and it has been driving me nuts every since.

Then a few days later, I woke up to a drum beating in my ear. It's like I can feel and hear my pulse inside my ear. It is terribly distracting and annoying. It also pops & cracks and feels clogged up, similar to airplane ear. And it hurts. In other words, it's no fun at all.

Of course, I googled it right away. I found a disorder called Pulsatile Tinnitus and read accounts from people who have been dealing with this pounding for years. It's a scary thought; I don't know how someone could continue to cope with this problem. So I'm hoping it will go away with my ear infection. (Please, please, please). It's hard to think and write in this condition.

I know how she feels! :(

I am excited for March because it's Endometriosis Awareness Month! I am looking forward to participating, ear problems or not.