NEW ENDO FRIENDO PAGE - FOOD JOURNAL

Saturday, October 16, 2010


Hey Friendos!

I am excited to share my latest self-healing endo endeavor with you. I am starting to follow the diet & vitamin recommendations from the book, "Endometriosis: A Key to Healing and Fertility Through Nutrition" by Dian Shepperson Mills & Michael Vernon.

I have been feeling some of the all-too-familiar symptoms of my endo: stomach pains, back pain, bloated belly, gas pains & (I think my husband would concur) moodiness. My symptom-free days sure were nice while they lasted, but I know it's time to get serious about my health and nutrition. I confess, I haven't been paying much attention & have eaten (or not eaten) whatever I've wanted. I've been drinking too much coffee & therefore not eating until the afternoon.

So to help keep me on track, I have started another page on this blog, titled "FOOD JOURNAL." Here, I will document my diet, vitamins & supplements, & experiences along the way. If you want to check it out, you can find the page on the right hand side of the blog.

As always, I give you my disclaimer. I am NOT a doctor or medical professional. I am just sharing my personal experiences with you, not providing medical advice of any kind. At all.

I hope to soon experience the benefits of my diet change. I'll keep you updated & please comment! I would love to hear from other endo sisters about their dietary choices.

(p.s. If you decide to purchase this book or any other product from Amazon, I encourage you to go to www.chronichealing.com first, then click on the Amazon ad on the left side of the blog. This will instantly take you to amazon.com & you can begin shopping. Doing so will help support the wonderful Jeanne & her excellent blog. It doesn't cost you anything but a second of your time. Thanks!)

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Jenn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your endo pain! I really hope that the dietary changes you are making will help you to feel better.

I know many people with endo who have benefited from making changes to their diet. It is awesome that you're making dietary changes to help manage your symptoms.

Over the years, I have tried various dietary modifications. Due to the fact that I have a great number of illnesses and the fact that many of them have suggested dietary options for managing symptoms but that some conflict with others, I have had to develop my own customized diet.

It is simply not possible for me to follow all of the guidelines for my various illnesses. (If the suggestions for one diet are to avoid xyz and the suggestions for another are to eat plenty of xyz, obviously it's impossible for me to follow both suggestions).

So, basically, I listen to my body and try to eat what makes me feel good and avoid what doesn't.

P.S.

I would like to thank you so much for mentioning my Amazon blog ads here! I greatly appreciate it. It was very nice of you to do so! Also, I was tickled pink yesterday to see some new Amazon orders were placed recently. Thank you very much for mentioning the ads!

Please cross your fingers that my husband's TENTH interview (with the same company) this upcoming Friday will go well.

We have been patiently waiting through this long hiring process and this sounds like a dream job!

So, please cross your fingers and send some positive energy on October 22nd... the day of his 10th interview.

Thank you!

Jenn said...

Thank you Jeanne!

It seems a wheat-free diet has helped other endo sisters, so it is definitely worth a try.

I am also trying to listen to my body. We are all different, so we have to customize our own plans. I really hope it helps me feel well & prevents the scary endo problems on my past.

Thanks for your support and comment!

Jenn said...

It was my pleasure to plug your ad & blog Jeanne!

And I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the 10th interview. (TEN?!! Yikes! But it will be well worth it when he gets his dream job!!!) I will be thinking of you both on the 22nd.

:)

Unknown said...

As a Stage IV endo patient who was also recently diagnosed with PCOS, I am very interested in dietary interventions. The countless medicines and surgeries I have been through seem to do little more than make some things worse.

I have the book you refer to here, and I agree with what is in it, although I find some of it a little impractical (sitz baths, etc.) But I look forward to seeing how you do with it!

I have the same problem as Jeanne re: dietary recommendations for various illnesses. Most conventional wisdom aside, I feel best with a low-carb diet, and it controls my weight better than anything else.

Jenn said...

Hi Diane, thanks so much for your comment!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent PCOS diagnosis. I also have Stage IV endo & had my most recent lap four months ago. I know the frustrations of medicines & procedures. Many doctors I have spoken to have told me there is nothing I can do to help with my endo, but I don't agree.

It's nice to hear you have found parts of the book helpful. I was very excited to find it, especially since it was written by a doctor & a nutritionist.

I'm glad you have found low-carb to be helpful! This is definitely a new challenge for me. I never thought about how my diet could be affecting my endo symptoms until recently. I'm feeling empowered by my new commitment to make informed nutritional choices.

Thanks again for stopping by & leaving a comment!

Take care. :)

KD said...

Hey Jenn! I checked out your food journal page... I will have to order that book, too! I'm curious about what they recommend for the diet. I am doing something similar to yours, but I have cut dairy. I have posted some of my fav new snacks too. Maybe we can swap some time! :)

Jenn said...

Thanks KD!

I would love to swap recipes! I am going to update the food journal & get back to regular updates this week. I got behind, unfortunately. But I have been sticking to the nutrition plan, so that's good.

Thanks for your comment. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your nutritional plan. (I'm trying not to call mine a "diet").

Take care,
Jenn

KD said...

I am trying not to use "diet" too! It's hard sometimes!! :) I just posted on some good snacks the other day... check em out. :)

Jenn said...

Thanks KD, I am going to check them out today!