HERE WE GO AGAIN

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My frustration level has hit an all time high!!

My former employer has filed another appeal for my unemployment (what is wrong with these people?!). Now I will have to attend a hearing to fight their idiotic, false claims. Unbelievable!

I am still trying to secure an individual medical insurance plan for my family. I sure don't feel like my medical history is private. I can't believe the questions they ask. It should not be this difficult to find insurance. It's not right!

I just got a letter from a third party affiliate of my former insurance company asking me questions about my recent medical treatment. How is this not a violation of my medical privacy rights? They are trying to ascertain whether someone else may be at fault for my condition, so they won't have to pay my claims. What kind of BS is that?? It's ridiculous! One of the questions was - Was your medical treatment caused by a work related incident? What?? Umm no, I didn't fall down at work & contract Endometriosis. Really?!?

Ughhhh! I better just stop typing now. I'm too angry. No more phone calls for me today. I'm going to go outside & enjoy the gorgeous weather. (Thanks for letting me vent).

At least angry Homer made me smile.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I cannot believe this... how stupid! I feel so sorry for you... sending you lots of love and calming thoughts xx

Jenn said...

Thanks Amanda, I appreciate your support & thoughts! I can't believe it either. It feels like the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Jeanne said...

Jenn,

I am so, so sorry. I had hoped you had that behind you and I know you hoped so too. That is just awful. Do you have to hire an attorney to represent you at the hearing? Do you have any idea when the hearing will be? I'm so sorry! :(

Hope you sot some fresh air!! :)

Jeanne
xoxo

Jenn said...

Thank you Jeanne,

I did think it was behind me. I guess I haven't learned all I need to learn from this situation yet.

I have consulted an attorney & will have representation at the hearing. I have no idea what to expect though or when it will be. I think it will be soon.

It's another beauty of a day here today, so I am going to enjoy the changing leaves & work on staying calm & focused.

Thanks again for your support!