OUR BODIES, OURSELVES

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here's a tried & true fave book of mine.


I discovered OBOS a few years ago while perusing bookstore shelves. It has been a helpful resource for me ever since. I wish I would have owned it when I was a young girl. What a great gift for daughters, granddaughters, nieces (or any young woman) to help educate them about their bodies and encourage them to take an active role in their health. Though much progress has been made, unfortunately many subjects about women's health remain taboo & myths continue to thrive. OBOS offers detailed information to debunk these myths & encourage self awareness.

Click here for a link to all their publications. If you are interested, you can also sign up for their newsletter or follow their blog on this website.

2 comments:

Alanna Klapp said...

Thanks for this post Jenn, really valuable stuff.

Jenn said...

Thank you Alanna! I'm happy you found it helpful. I especially love that the book is a collective effort by several women.